Careers & Employment Opportunities
Mulberry Square is a long-term employer of local people and seeks to employ from within the local community
We, the Directors of Mulberry Square, are committed to the promotion of training and personal development within our business and actively encourage interaction between employees to further their skills on the basis that trained individuals are more likely to meet their own and the organisation's aspirations.
Skills Pledge made by Craig Johnstone, Managing Director
On behalf of Mulberry Square, I have made a commitment, with the support of the Learning and Skills Council, that we shall:
- Actively encourage and support our employees to gain the skills and qualifications that will support their future employability and meet the needs of our business
- Demonstrably raise our employees' skills and competencies to improve Company performance through investing in economically valuable training and development
Mulberry Square is committed to providing a working environment in which employees are able to realise their full potential and to contribute to its business success irrespective of their gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, contracted hours, religion or belief. This is a key employment value to which all employees are expected to give their support.
In order to create conditions in which this goal can be realised, we are committed to identifying and eliminating unlawful discriminatory practices, procedures and attitudes throughout the Company. We expect employees to support this commitment and to assist in its realisation in all possible ways.
Specifically, we aim to ensure that no employee or candidate is subject to unlawful discrimination, either directly or indirectly, on the grounds of gender, race (including colour, nationality or ethnic origin), sexual orientation, marital status, contracted hours, religion or belief or disability. This commitment applies to all aspects of employment, including:
- Recruitment and selection, including advertisements, job descriptions, interview and selection procedures;
- Promotion and career development opportunities;
- Terms and conditions of employment, and access to employment related benefits and facilities;
- Grievance handling and the application of disciplinary procedures; and
- Selection for redundancy
Equal Opportunities practice is developing constantly as social attitudes and legislation change. We will keep our policies under review and will implement changes where they could improve equality of opportunity. This commitment applies to all the Company’s employment policies and procedures, not just those specifically connected with Equal Opportunities.
If you are interested in joining our team, we will always be pleased to hear from you. Just forward a covering letter to include your current salary, along with your CV in PDF format to Jackie and we will be in touch when our next suitable vacancy arises.